Tuesday, May 24, 2011

If music be the food of love, play on...

There comes a moment in everyone's life when they encounter something so absolutely incredible, so mind bogglingly nerdy, so unbelievably fantastic that they cannot contain their joy and energy when it closes in upon them.

For me the "it" I'm referring to is less than two weeks away.

It is going to be utterly remarkable.

It is going to pass far to quickly.

It is going to bring triumphs and joys and sorrow and sore muscles.

It is Marching Band.

Ahhhhh! Glorious thing! I know, I know, it's so nerdy and weird and I suppose unhealthy that I love it this much...but if I could just convey to you how incredible it is, how much it's changed me, how fun and joyous it is...if I could just write a tenth of what it means to me then I believe you would understand.

It's one of those things you have to experience to get the full effect...but I love it and I am so flipping excited for the season to start!

Well, I'm off. Have pleasant dreams and grateful hearts!

Sincerely,
Kaitlin R.


 

2 comments: